Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rollerblading

Yesterday I decided to bust out my rollerblades and give them another shot. They were going to be my path to fitness last summer, until I forgot to wear high enough socks, and I soon received such intense cuts that I still have scars. So the rollerblades were quickly forgotten for the rest of the summer. HOWEVER. I have decided to bring them back. I went yesterday and this morning with my sister, who claims she never learned how to skate when she was little. This is a bold-faced lie. Anyway, it's kind of nice going with her, because I get little breaks when I have to wait for her to catch up hahah. Plus, that way, when I start back up again, I'm using more muscle. See how it all works out so nicely? Anyway, my butt and hips and thighs are totally feeling it, and I'm so pumped. I just looked online at how many calories I burn doing this... it's like, more than running. And I hate running. So... yay for that. This is also a much cheaper alternative to joining the gym, which I was contemplating doing. It's still a possibility, but so far, this is working out great. And I don't work until 10 this summer, so I can get up, get in some exercise, then get to work. Perfect.

1 comment: